, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Davy Harwood (The Immortal Prophecy #1) by Tijan | Review

11:38:00 PM

Pages: 214 pages
Publication Date:  June 11th 2011
Publisher: Createspace
ISBN: 1461082064 (ISBN13: 9781461082064)

Being empathic is the least of Davy's problems. She wants to go to college and live a normal life until someone gives her something she doesn't want. Now she has to deal with the supernatural and a prophecy that no one knows about.

Now, What I Thought:

I honestly don't know how many reviews I can do until I prove to everyone in the world that Tijan is an amazing author! I can go on and on about her books for a while but for the sake of this review, I'll just leave it with, read her books!!! Davy Harwood is in university just living her life, trying to live stress-free and vampire-free. Davy is an empath, so she's not new to the world of magic and such, especially vampires. You see, Davy is a bit of a known vampire killer, so to speak. She had a rough run in with a vamp once and he soon became obsessed with her... until she killed him withe her fire magic that is. Basically everyone knew not to fuck with Davy and Davy was fine with that. Until the day a girl jumps to her death off of Davy's work roof. Davy, having caught her just before she jumped, was basically all sorts of confused as to what this mystery girl was ranting on about. Leaving Davy with just a couple of words, she jumped off and ended her life. Yep, the book starts off like that. She's also been noticing a lot of weirdness about the vampires, they're always around, too much for comfort sometimes but there seems to be about 10 x the amount than normal. 

Davy then runs into Roan, the mysterious new kid, or as Davy points out right away, to his face might I add, that he is a vampire and a strong one at that. 

"He'd been staring right at me the whole time. This was not good, not at all. He knew that I knew. I knew that he knew I knew...He'd seen. I smiled smugly and whispered, "I know what you are." His face didn't move. His eyes didn't react, but I knew I'd made him angry."

NICE GOING DAVY. Piss off the new and strong vampire. And from that point on Roan had shown up at every possible time in Davy's life. Literally everywhere, with her friends, in her common room and even at clubs. It was an exciting book to read because Roan was so dangerous and smart that Davy and myself were just so entranced by him. It's no secret that Davy was attracted to Roan the moment she saw him but little does she know that he felt the exact same way. In this book we have vampires, werewolf's,  and magic wielding folk. It was an epic ride and I enjoyed practically all of the book except for some points when Roan was being a jack-ass as main love interests usually are. 

The ending was pretty spot on and left us wondering a lot, like what the hell was Tijan going to write in the next book! So far there are 3 books out and I don't think Tijan is writing a 4th one so stay tuned for those reviews!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.