, , , , , , , , , , ,

Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings #1) by Cameo Renae | Review

1:50:00 AM

Kindle Edition,
204 pages
Published January 16th 2013 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing

Seventeen is a life changing age for Emma Wise.
As her family's sole survivor in a car crash, she is left with a broken arm and a few scrapes and bruises. But these are only outward marks; inside, her heart is broken and the pieces scattered.

Whisked away to Alaska, to an aunt she’s never met, Emma starts over. Secrets unveil themselves and now…she doesn't even know who or what she is.

A centuries old prophecy places Emma in the heart of danger. Creatures of horrifying and evil proportions are after her, and it will take Emma, her aunt, and six, gorgeously captivating Guardians to keep her safe. But, if she can survive until her eighteenth birthday... things will change.
 


Now, What I Thought:

This was actually a pleasant book to read. It was very fast paced and quick. I read it only in a couple of hours! The thing I really liked, was that it was more realistic then other books. 

For example, I have read all about how the girl's family dies in a horrible car crash and she's left in the hospital all alone etc. etc., but in other books, the authors' describe it as no big deal and next thing you know, after, maybe.. 20 pages? the girl is happy and fine with the fact she just lost everyone she loved due to a new mission. But in this book, no no no, she actually grieves and shows true emotion that we would realistically show and thats how you relate to her. I think just by relating to a character makes any book 10x more amazing! But that's just one example. If you read the book, or if you have, then you notice it happens a lot which is an awesome thing to read (in my opinion) because you know what he/she is going through exactly.

This book IS fast-paced. If you miss one page by accident you will probably miss something big. Literally. This book is A C T I O N packed! It made me want to be an angel and fight the enemy myself! LOL.

The author, Cameo Renae, really made it sound so exhilarating and fun yet scary and dangerous at the same time, it was quite bizarre. But I LOVED it! Plus, not only did the protagonist, Emma Wise, lose her parents, but she goes through a lot more. You find out so much stuff that you do end up feeling bad for her. Lets just all take a moment to praise Emma. Phew. She is like an avenging angel. She is so strong that you WISH you were as strong as her. And I mean, emotionally, mentally and soon physically. Lets forget about how strong she is for now and talk about how she has NOT 5 but 6 angels to protect her and might I just add, who are all HOOOOOOTTTTTTT!! They are: James, Malachi, Dom, Alex, Thomas and her love interest Kade. I love Kade. Obviously haha! If you read this, you will understand why there's just no way NOT to fall in love with Kade. 

Sorry about my mini rant (I guess not THAT mini) but this book is a must-read! I think this is an interesting take on angels and it is kind of refreshing from books like, Hush Hush, Fallen, etc. 

GO OUT NOW AND BUY IT!! WONT REGRET I PROMISE!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.