, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout | Review

1:45:00 PM

Pages: 335 pages
Publication Date: May 8th 2012 by Entangled Teen
ISBN: 1620610078 (ISBN13: 9781620610077)

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Now, What I Thought:

Aliens!!! Hot Aliens!!! My interests were pretty peaked when this came out. I definitely knew I had to read this, considering Armentrout is known to write hella great paranormal romance novels! Lets just start off by saying how funny and addictive this book was, from the start when Katy met Daemon, to Dee in the parking lot... I loved it! Daemon really is hot, sexy, and stab-worthy!! I have never been more infuriated by a character than Daemon. He is the arrogant, 'too cool for this' type of guy and just a straight out jerk when he meets Katy. Dee, being his twin sister isn't having any of this and makes him play nice. Thank you Dee!! 

This was such a thrilling ride, from hot jerks, to evil aliens trying to kill them, then lots and lots of touching... yes, definitely worth the read. Of course, having spend time with Dee and unfortunately, Daemon, Katy starts to notice off things about the pair. Also the fact theres ANOTHER twin family that's always around them. When Katy gets attacked by the Arum, a race of beings dedicated to wiping out Daemon and his kind, Daemon then reveals himself to protect her. Unfortunately that results in Katy being marked by the alien magic he used, lighting her up for all and any alien/Arum to see and track. Way to go Daemon. 

Of course, Armentrout adds in some high school drama, and Katy isn't the only female that's close to Daemon either, just so happens to be his on and off again alien girlfriend, yikes. I cringe every time Ash is in the picture, because we all know who's going to end up with Daemon so... 

This was such a quick, fun read and so worth it! I loved this book and the series, so GO CHECK IT OUT!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.