, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout | Review

2:13:00 PM

Pages: 366 pages
Publication Date: August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen
ISBN: 1620610116 (ISBN13: 9781620610114)

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Now, What I Thought:

I have to warn you guys that Onyx is just dripping with sexual tension. The whole book is basically just hot hot hotness between Daemon and Katy. Considering Katy doesn't particularly like Daemon, she has to stay close since she's lit up like the friggan Eiffel Tower. Imagine Daemon being Daemon, having to be close and around Katy all the time; at school, at home, in-between those two etc. That's how this book was, hot and sexy with a tad bit of danger. Onto the danger part, the DOD are here and there slyly checking out Daemon and his family making sure nothings out of the ordinary, of course that's when they notice a human is suspiciously close to them. Then that brings us to the big mystery of what the hell happened to Dawson, Daemon's twin brother that went missing with his human love,  Beth. It's a sad and emotional ride from there on. 

This brings us to Blake. The new kid. The HOT new kid. Oh yeah, Daemon does not like him at all, considering Blake is all over Katy. Not that Katy is minding ya know ;) Little did we know that Blake has almost all the answers about the Arum, DOD and how to control what's happening to Katy. I REPEAT, Daemon does not like that. Can we just jump subjects and also mention that Katy is book blogger! How cool is that, I loved that little tidbit and Armentrout even writes us scenes when she's making book review videos, and opening book boxes for hauls. SO COOL. Of course, Daemon being Daemon even makes an appearance in one of her videos. Everything in this book is pretty light and fluffy, which should've been a Number 1 warning. SO you can imagine when I say that I didn't expect it to get as serious as it did! 

Something happens that is just a slap to the face, and makes you want to cry and scream out in frustrating!! I was so angry that I just wanted to get in there and kill everyone myself. UGH. This series really does pull you in and make you want more and more. Go read it, then come back and we can talk about a murder plan. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.