, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential #1) by Kara Taylor | Review

11:06:00 PM

Pages: 310 pages
Publication Date: July 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin
ISBN: 1250017599 (ISBN13: 9781250017598)

In this breathtaking debut that reads like Gossip Girl crossed with Twin Peaks, a Queen Bee at a blue-blooded New England prep school stumbles into a murder mystery.

Anne Dowling practically runs her exclusive academy on New York’s Upper East Side—that is, until she accidentally burns part of it down and gets sent to a prestigious boarding school outside of Boston. Determined to make it back to New York, Anne couldn't care less about making friends at the preppy Wheatley School. That is, until her roommate Isabella’s body is found in the woods behind the school. 

When everyone else is oddly silent, Anne becomes determined to uncover the truth no matter how many rules she has to break to do it. With the help of Isabella’s twin brother Anthony, and a cute classmate named Brent, Anne discovers that Isabella wasn’t quite the innocent nerdy girl she pretended to be. But someone will do anything to stop Anne’s snooping in this fast-paced, unputdownable read—even if it means framing her for Isabella’s murder.

Now, What I Thought:

What could I possibly say that can get you guys to understand how much I'm DYING for the next book? Like holy crap! I started this book at 11 pm and finished at 2 am... And I had to get up early the next morning.. This book was impossible to put down, I refused to go to sleep, though I also knew I wouldn't fall asleep because this book is kind of creepy and gets you thinking, you know? It's very much like Twin Peeks (a television show- on Netflix). Kara Taylor even says in the summary that its a crossover between Gossip Girl and Twin Peeks and I will be honest, the Twin Peeks reference is what got me to read the book hehe. During the book, Taylor makes it LOOK obvious who the killer is but then makes you double think it and starts introducing you to another possible suspect..

The story starts off with this sassy, kick ass girl who gets expelled for burning half of her school down. But its not even all her fault and the dumbo that contributed ran away when she called the police, totally unfair in my opinion. Seeing as her father is the biggest lawyer in New York, she's lucky enough to get accepted into this boarding school in Boston. Of course, she hates it and she wishes to go back home, I don't really blame her. I would hate that school too. Her roommate, Isabella, who looks shy and sweet turns up dead a week in. This is where the creepy mystery begins. Speaking about the school, everything in that school just spells trouble! HOLY CRAP! 

You get shocked at how much crap this school is hiding, and not to mention how much of it will be revealed in the next book as well. There's STILL a mystery and it has to do with that school and the same old disappearance that happened years before and that everyone just HAPPEN to forget about. It's all so fishy. Like, knowing Taylor and her ways of writing, the "good" characters will probably end up bad and be psychos and the "bad" characters in this book will be portrayed as 'miss understood'. It definitely would not surprise me. Also I would like to say that there is a love triangle and if you have read this book, your probably going for the sweet and clean-cut guy, right? Well me? I prefer she went with the rougher, edgy guy because, HEY, who doesn't love a bad guy ;) I'm only telling you about the love triangle because you hear about these two boys quite a lot. Her mind is in typical teenage girl mode, where most of her thoughts include boys. But I like that! Now, the ending did shock me a bit. I expected the killer to be someone else entirely and what you find out is kind of disturbing to imagine. Be prepared to be shocked!

Anyways, I loved this book so much, I'm actually considering reading it again just for fun. I am definitely counting down the days for the second one!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.