, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, 2) by Kerstin Gier | Review

9:55:00 PM

Pages: 357 pages
Publication Date: October 30th 2012 by Henry Holt 
ISBN: 0805092668 (ISBN13: 9780805092660)

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.
 
At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

Now, What I Thought:

The second book in this wonderful trilogy was just as exhilarating as the first! The comedy was on point and I'll tell you why: Xemerius. I LOVE HIM..IT? LOL. Who knew Gier could make a gargoyle funny and have it actually work with the story. I also love James, I mean how fun and great was it to actually meet him when he was alive and kicking! We left the first book with Gwen and Gideon kissing and we open the book right in that same scene. Having read all the books a couple times, I can still say that the romance was the only problem I had with this series. I honestly couldn't stand Gideon or his romantic notions and crap with Gwen. Don't get me wrong, I love Gwen, she's a great, funny and so very realistic protagonist but god was the romance such a disappointment. I just didn't like their relationship and whole 'connection' between them, oh well. Still, it didn't deteriorate my opinion on the books as a whole. 

We were introduced to Raphael, Gideon's little brother who takes an interest in Lesly. Nothing special there really, again, don't get wrong I love Lesly as well but they don't really contribute to the storyline much except for a certain part, but thats really it. Can I just say how entertaining and cool it is to hear and read through Paul and Lucy's P.O.V. in the epilogues? 

Not much to say for this book, except that the final last book is way better and I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-read it after reviewing it haha.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.