, , , , , , , ,

Shadowland (The Mediator #1) by Meg Cabot | Review

1:04:00 AM

287 pages
Published December 28th 2004 by HarperTee (first published November 1st 2000)

There's a hot guy in Susannah Simon's bedroom. Too bad he's a ghost.

Suze is a mediator - a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations.

But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes it's not that easy. There's a ghost with revenge on her mind... and Suze happens to be in the way.
 



Now, What I thought:

This was such a nice, light read. I've been reading heavy-paranormal type books lately and they've always been series so when I saw this book, I decided I should give it a go. Im so glad I did because even though, yes it's about ghosts (paranormal) and yes it's a series buuuuuuttttttt it's actually so light and funny and it doesn't feel like you have to skim any parts just to get it over with. And I've done that on a lot of books, trust me, this was a relief! At first, I actually thought this was just one book and not a series. So I started reading it last night, I finished it in roughly 3 hours and when I noticed some stuff wasn't explained at the end of the book, I sort of panicked. Thats when I went on trusty Goodreads and found out there are currently 6 books! 

Now, when I usually see that I have started a series and there are many books still to go... I tend to not read it or skim over half of it.. I have no clue why... But this book was so light and the humour in this book was unbelievable.. I was up at 2am last night, not really sleepy but tired nonetheless, I was laughing my head off! The main character Susannah is HILARIOUS! And the romance between the main character (16 year old) and the man (a GHOST) in this book wasn't finished and still left you hanging at the end, so of course it makes me want to read the other books to find out what could happen. 
I say, read it, its a light fun book to read and if you think you would be interested in reading all 6 books, GO FOR IT! I am :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.