, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Captive (The Secret Circle #2) by L.J Smith | Review

2:03:00 AM

Paperback,
320 pages
Published October 15th 1992 by Eos (first published 1992)

Can The Secret Circle Survive...

Lured into the most popular in-crowd imaginable, Cassie is intoxicated by her newfound strength, a power as addictive as it is perilous.

Caught between two members' consuming desires to use the coven's mysterious force, Cassie turns to one of their boyfriends, Adam--and falls captive to her own dangerous love.

Bewitched by the promise of love through magic, Cassie captures Adam's heart and upsets the delicate balance of power, unleashing a storm of fury no one anticipates.

...Or Will The Dark Struggle Of Good, Evil, And Tormented Love Consume Them All?

Now, What I Thought:

**** NOTE FROM FUTURE ME**** 
GUYS. I WROTE THIS ORIGINAL REVIEW ON 7/03/13 AND NOW ITS 2016 AND CAN I JUST SAY.. THESE BOOKS ARE STILL MY FAVOURITE. I CANT GET THROUGH TO YOU GUYS HOW GREAT THESE BOOKS ARE. AND HOW MUCH IV RE READ THEM JUST BECAUSE OF THE AMAZING WRITING, CHARACTERS, PLOT ETC. PLEASE. READ. I BEG YOU.

**** END OF NOTE, 4/12/16******

At first I was so sure that the second book wouldn't compare to the first, but dammmmnn was I wrong! This was surprisingly just as great as the first book! I think L.J. Smith deserves a round of applause, if she hasn't already ;) I think I was really liking this for 2 reasons only. 1: Nick and Cassie's relationship and how it develops 2: Faye.. FRICKING... Chamberlain! My favorite character in this whole book, wouldn't be Cassie, wouldn't be Diana, wouldn't even be the Henderson boys for their humor.. but Smith really made me love Faye Chamberlain! But one thing really bugged me: .. the cover ... :O is like.. DEFIANTLY not my favorite cover of any book I have ever read. But that’s just me being picky hehe. 
But guys, all the characters are amazing. My opinion aside, these are amazing books. I almost want to cry for the people who haven't had the pleasure of reading these.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.