, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass | Review

2:49:00 AM

Pages: 336 pages
Publication Date: April 23rd 2013 by HarperTeen
ISBN: 0062059963 (ISBN13: 9780062059963)

The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

Now, What I Thought:

I do think that the competition should've ended in the first book, I will agree with everyone on that. The books are literally like a reality tv show, and just how they are so addicting, the books are exactly the same. Yes, it was frustrating at times to deal with America's inner turmoil but again, the series is like candy, way to addictive. Elite definitely focused more on the romantic part of the plot rather than the dystopia. I didn't exactly hate that but sometimes I felt smothered with the amount of whining America does about Aspen and Maxon. I definitely sped through the books because I couldn't wait for how the last book was going to turn out. The drama with the rebels was good, it brought back the issues at hand and everything wrong with the monarchy and mostly the king.

I will admit, America cries way to much. Like I have a quota of 1 cry per book and she exceeded that by 50+. WE get it, you love Aspen and starting to feel something for Maxon but girl, do you have to whine and cry about it every damn second. HOWEVER much she bugged me, this book really was just a filler to get to the last book to end this competition and see what happens with the people and rebels. That's by I'll be giving this book a 3 1/2 star rating. It still enticed me to read the whole book and make me want more. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.