, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead | Review

3:02:00 PM

Pages: 420 pages
Publication Date: November 19th 2013 (first published January 1st 2013) 
Publisher: Penguin Group
ISBN: 1595143203 (ISBN13: 9781595143204)

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the wolds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her...

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Now, What I Thought:

This was different from all of the other books! We have 2 P.O.V's in this, which was cool because we finally get to read about Adrian's thought process. So, Zoe is annoying. Simple as that, and this is me being nice. I really hate her, I can't put it straight enough! She bugged me so much, she always seemed to be on her sister's side yet at the first chance, she rats her out to her father and guess what? Sydney is in trouble now and all I want to do is slice Zoe's throat. 

I feel like Sydney and Adrian were a little dull in this book, meaning that they just weren't themselves. They were careless and got too comfortable. Sydney wasn't smart enough to realize when something was wrong and we didn't see the normal, very analytic thinking person I really liked from the first book and Vampire Academy

Adrian was almost exactly like that. It felt like he, too, wasn't himself because he was way too overly in love with Sydney and his mistakes, along with hers, threaten now all of their lives and not to mention the only reason they're there, Jill. It was just so frustrating how stupid they could be and just not think with their heads in this book! I felt like screaming at them a lot of the times just to talk some sense into their brains and shout out the obvious. 

I really liked how we got to go to the Royal Court, and we see everyone! That was probably my favourite scene in the whole book. There was so much drama that happened it was just so juicy! We get so many fights and a huge battle which was total Vampire Academy like. I loved it! It was so cute to see how Sydney and Adrian were trying to hide their relationship from their friends because we all saw how that worked out for Rose and Dimitri. 

I really did like this book, but it was not my favourite. I didn't like the ending, something bad happens and I totally know I'm going to get so frustrated in next book. So, all in all, it was a good instalment in the series and while I am frustrated and mad how the series turned, I am excited to see how Adrian and the gang can save Sydney from this drama.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.