, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Heir (The Selection #4) by Kiera Cass | Review

12:26:00 AM


Pages: 342 pages
Publication Date: May 5th 2015 by HarperTeen
ISBN: 0062349856 (ISBN13: 9780062349859)

Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story. But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she always thought.

Now, What I Thought: 

Wow, 20 years in the future and now we have America and Maxon's daughter, Eadlyn. Clearly the name choices haven't gotten better, I mean you have Eadlyn, Henri, Ean, Kile, Ahren, Aspen and plenty more weirdly spelled names haha. As much as the concept of this novel is pretty dumb and over-exhausted, Keira Cass just has such an addictive way of writing that you can't put the book down! I loved the Selection series, where we were reading through America's P.O.V., but to add on her daughter's experience with this stupid competition.. I don't know, I really didn't think it was going to work. But like I said before, it was super addictive and I actually read it in one sitting. I think just the idea of a bunch of guys fighting for this one girl's attention was so juicy that we had to read and actually like it. If I hadn't said before I'll say it now, I really did like this book, and I'm super excited for the next in Eadlyn's P.O.V. 

Eadlyn, to say the least, was and still is a brat. She's a bratty little snob and know-it-all. Sorry but it's true and many would agree. I did however like the storyline, surprisingly. Again, something about all these men fighting for her hand in marriage is so juicy and I think we all just covet her secretly. It also doesn't help that these guys are supposedly attractive, smart, foreign, and you name it. I'm pretty sure by the end of the book I knew who she would ultimately end up with because it's pretty obvious. As for America..... she definitely changed I found, maybe because of the crown or power but she was just not the same. Maxon however, really impressed me when he was in 'daddy mode.' I liked how he took charge of things and actually listened to his daughter and spoke to her to make sure she was alright with his, being as he had to go through it once before. 

Anyways, I'm really excited for the next book to come out and I'll be counting down the days to read it! It was an interesting enough story and really addictive. Hope the next one is even better!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.