, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas | Review

4:35:00 AM

Pages: 624 
Publication Date: May 3rd 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
ISBN: 1619634465 (ISBN13: 9781619634466)

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.
 

Now, What I Thought:

“No one was my master— but I might be master of everything, if I wished. If I dared.” 

Amen. Ok. I've been debating how to express in this review how *excuse my language* FUCKING AMAZING THIS WAS. I don't say this lightly but this might actually be my favourite book I have EVER read. The fact that the ratings for this book is literally 4.77/5 from 19, 818 people's rating on Goodreads is absolutely ridiculous. If that does not tell you to go, either, start this series or read this sequel then I honestly am baffled at your ignorance. I am still in a state of shock from just finishing reading this novel. I read this via iBooks but rest assured, tomorrow (considering it is 4:30 am right now) I will be picking up the hardcopy. Where to begin with this masterpiece? Lets start with the amount of action/love/despair/fighting/capability all stuffed into 624 pages. I've always loved Maas, right from Throne of Glass but wow. She really did outdo herself in this novel. The amount of heart-wrenching despair and strength in this novel is just overwhelming. One of the main reasons it took me from May 3rd till now, May 27th to finish this book; Let me put it into perspective, I finished City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, a 725 page book in less than 5 days. DO YOU GET WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY? This book was so jam packed with knowledge and character growth that it took a hell of a long time to read. Also, another reason is because the next book comes out May 4th, 2017. Excuse me? Um, a year. A fucking full year for the next novel.... I don't even think I can physically and/or emotionally do that. I can't begin to tell you guys how amazing the transformation and alliances took place from ACOTAR to ACOMAF. I was definitely team Tamlin in ACOTAR but now..... Hello, when you read this book you'll realize why anyone who says they're not team Rhysand will probably get murdered on sight. Just saying. The fact Maas was able to turn the ferocious team Tamlin group all into team Rhysand is just proof of amazingness. I really do aspire to be an author one day, and I can now say that I will definitely look to Maas and her writing skills that are just impeccable. 

“I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal.
I was a survivor, and I was strong.
I would not be weak, or helpless again
I would not, could not be broken. Tamed.” 


You say it girl! God, Feyre was just such a strong character in this. I'm pretty sure she's stronger than Caelana/Aelin even. Feyre is the epitome of strength and grace all at once. She would be the most fair, just, and glorious queen anyone would worship. Maas wrote this easily manipulated, weak minded girl in ACOTAR who was totally out of place being the minority around everyone and turned her into a strong-willed, fighting badass women who can conquer the world in a short amount of time. Feyre was and is still growing as we continue on in the story but I feel that she matured all she could in the last book and now this novel, we see her embrace that new found maturity and smartness with the decisions she made day to day. Without giving too much away, Feyre felt trapped and ultimately, like she wasn't being used for what she was great in, strategy. She's smart, she always had been and she new survival instincts very well, with what she had to endure as a mortal. She was the one who fended and fed her family daily, then became the lover with a great destiny to a man so powerful it hurt, THEN she managed to not only kill but release the hold of treachery and evilness that came from Amarantha's ruling and STILL managed to die and become immortally powerful. Like damn. Feyre deserves an award for the most endured yet still alive creature on this planet. She really outshone in this novel and I just can't express my love for her in words to you guys. 

“I was not prey any longer, I decided as I eased up to that door.
And I was not a mouse.
I was a wolf.” 


Rhysand and Tamlin. I have to say, Maas really did a 180 on us with Tamlin. Again, without spoiling anything, lets just say you won't be too impressed with him once you read this book. Rhys was..........almost as amazing as Feyre. Rhys in his own way really grew in the time he spent with Feyre. I mean, Rhys being the most powerful fae in history and ancient, obviously matured a very long time ago but with Feyre he grew into this character that was just astoundingly handsome, strong, caring, loving, emotional and fighting lover. Not getting into too much detail, Rhys really proved himself worthy of not only Feyre, but the whole realm and a possible King for all of the fae, in the future. I have no idea what Maas has in store for Rhys but the way in the end, with his last words in the book, was so amazing that I can't even fathom having to wait a full year before reading those thoughts and words again. But of course, where there is Rhys there is Mor, Cassian, Azrial, and Amren. We get introduced to some of the most amazing companion characters ever in the history of books I've ever read. The clear connection they all have towards and between one another is truly something special. It's so strong and I love when they take in Feyre and they not only show her what it feels like to have people have her back but how willing to lay their lives down in a fight to save one another. The theme, friendship, really shone through this book and I'm so happy Feyre is FINALLY in an environment where she can trust the people indefinitely around her and trust that they'll keep her safe and vice versa. 

“Hello, Feyre darling,” he purred.” 

There are some beautiful and lovely lines in this book and I can't even begin to quote all of them right now. The amount of time I spent just rereading lines and pausing to think about how the hell Maas managed to come up with these words was a lot. LOL a whole months worth of time.

“I’m thinking that I was a lonely, hopeless person, and I might have fallen in love with the first thing that showed me a hint of kindness and safety. And I’m thinking maybe he knew that—maybe not actively, but maybe he wanted to be that person for someone. And maybe that worked for who I was before. Maybe it doesn’t work for who—what I am now.” 

I really wish I could go into detail and explain the sheer amount of shock and despair towards the ending I felt but unfortunately for spoiler sake, I cannot :( To say the least, the novel was absolutely amazing and worth every dime and nickel. Again, I can't wait for May 4th, 2017 to read this next book in the series currently named Untitled. Yeah, it's so early that the name hasn't even been released ... Oh God help me. But in the mean time, here are more wonderful quotes from this wonderful novel!!!!!

“Did you enjoy the sight of me kneeling before you?” 

"He braced a hand on either side of me, gripping the dresser. I refused to shrink away. “You have one task here, Feyre. One task that no one can know about. So do anything you have to in order to accomplish it. ... And do not get caught.” I wasn’t some simpering fool. I knew the risks. And that tone, that look he always gave me … “Anything?” His brows rose. I breathed, “If I fucked him for it, what would you do?” His pupils flared, and his gaze dropped to my mouth. The wood dresser groaned beneath his hands."

“To the stars who listen—and the dreams that are answered.” 

“When you spend so long trapped in darkness, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.” 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. THAT BOOK!! OH MY GOD!! I read it in 2 days and my book hangover was soo bad afterwards.. Geez! I SO can't wait for May 2017

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.