, , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Crown (The Selection #5) by Kiera Cass | Review

4:42:00 PM

Pages: 279
Publication Date: May 3rd 2016 
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN: 0062392174 (ISBN13: 9780062392176)

When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.

Now, What I Thought:

This was a fitting end to the whole series I will admit. I probably should've stopped at the third book of The Selection Series. I did like Eadlyn's P.O.V and storyline but now having finished everything, it would've been a nice and clean end to the series in, The One. I found Eadlyn's plot to just be excessive to the original beautiful storyline of America and Maxon. Don't get me wrong, I do not regret reading The Heir and The Crown but some part of me does wish I had stopped at the original trilogy. As for what happened in novel, nothing really did happen much except for Eadlyn's journey as a person with maturing and the fact she found out whom she really loved. As for events, nothing exciting I must admit. 

I know it's a book literally about a bachelorette competition but when America was in the hospital fighting a coma and Eadlyn still went on a date and continued EVEN THOUGH she was pronounced regent of Illéa. I mean, she was the only one that could stop the competition, did she? NOPE. Your mother is literally almost dying and you go on a date... Ok? I was so not expecting her to end up with who she did! I really did think it was going to go a total different direction! I kind of felt bad for the person who was so blatantly rejected because I was routing for him! 

HONESTLY. How many times did Eadlyn proclaim her love to someone? I'm actually thinking of going back and counting because it was getting ridiculous. I ended up being happy with who she ended up with but it was a hell of a journey to get there holy crap. I was pretty shocked what Maxon did towards the end. It was pretty unrealistic for a king to do that so easily and I don't think that was a smart move. I mean, with all the negatives I'v been saying, the book really was a fitting end to Eadlyn's story. I did like her growth and maturity from The Heir to this book. The epilogue was sweet and I liked how we got to see the next heirs to the throne. 

God forbid, if Cass writes another continuation series about THEM, I'll be gobsmacked. I seriously doubt that but it's a funny thought to have. So with that said, 
Goodbye Illéa, Goodbye America, Goodbye Maxon, Goodbye Eadlyn and GOODBYE THE SELECTION SERIES. For real now...

p.s. One thing I can say is that, I'v always loved the covers... they are all, collectively, stunningly gorgeous! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.